Our dear friend, girlfriend& best sister surprised us with a visit this weekend. But not only her visit was unexpected - this one's worth trying at home, our new Sweat Shop favorite!
preperation time: 30min, baking time: 30 min
what you need:
- 1 lemon
- 200g chopped carottes
-1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
-1/4 tsp cardamom powder
-1/4 ground cloves
-200g ground almonds
-100g dark chocolate
-1/2 tsp baking soda
1. preheat your oven at 180c
2. seperate eggs, add a bit of salt to the egg whites and whisk until stiff
3. mix egg yolks, sugar and cream until fluffy.
4. add carottes, spices, almonds, chocolate (break into chunks before) and a bit of lemon peel
5. mix flour and baking soda and siff it to the dough, fold the egg whites.
6. pour batter into a prepared cake tin
7. bake in the center of the oven for 25-30 min
8 let it cool and decorate with chocolate powder, carottes or fresh mint!